In addition to regular course assignments and examinations, all Russian Overseas Flagship students will also complete the following special academic requirements:
At the end of the fall semester in Kazakhstan, students are expected to:
- prepare a written report in Russian on what they have learned in the course of their specialization work at the university;
- submit a portfolio of written work completed in their specialization course;
- deliver a ten-minute oral presentation in Russian on a topic of relevance to their specialization course; and
- deliever a ten-minute oral presentation in Russian on the findings of their independent research project
At the end of the academic year in Kazakhstan, students are expected to:
- deliver a ten-minute oral presentation in Russian on a topic of relevance to their internship;
- submit a five-page written internship report in Russian;
- submit a portfolio of written work completed for their internships (translations, publications, conference presentations, etc.).
In addition, students submit weekly online Language Utilization Reports (LURs) throughout both semesters, as well as short internship reports on a weekly basis during the spring semester.