In addition to regular course assignments and examinations, all Russian Overseas Flagship students will also complete the following special academic requirements:
At the end of fall semester in Russia, students are expected to:
- prepare written and oral reports in Russian on what they have learned in the course of their specialization work at the university or internship;
- submit a portfolio of written work completed in the specialization course.
At the end of academic year in Russia, students are expected to:
- deliver a ten-minute oral presentation on the topic of relevance to their internships;
- submit a five-page written internship report in Russian;
- submit a portfolio of written work completed for their internships (translations, publications, conference presentations, etc.).
In addition, students submit weekly online language utilization reports throughout both semesters to the Academic Director, as well as short internship reports on a weekly basis during the spring semester.