All applicants must currently be enrolled in the Turkish Domestic Flagship Program at Indiana University. All U.S. citizens, nationals, and legal residents are encouraged to apply.
The application deadline for the Academic Year 2016-2017 is January 14, 2016. By this date, we must receive your online application and hard copies of any documents not submitted with the online application.
All eligible applicants will have to take an online Turkish Proficiency Test on January 27, 2016. Applicants will be notified about the details of the test via e-mail upon submission of the online application.
Students who are enrolled in the Turkish Domestic Flagship program at Indiana University and reached the required proficiency level in Turkish are eligible for admission to the Overseas Program, upon recommendation of the Turkish Academic Council. Students have to demonstrate advanced proficiency in Turkish equivalent to the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Level 2/2+ or to the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) “Advanced-Mid” or “Advanced-High” level. The required minimum language proficiency needs to be demonstrated in at least two modalities (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) on the basis of oral interviews and written testing.
For information on testing procedures and to self-test, please go to:
By January 14, 2016, all applicants must do the following:
· Complete and electronically submit the Online Application, and
· Ensure official transcripts are emailed or mailed to the following address:
Turkish Overseas Flagship Program, American Councils for International Education: 1828 L Street, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20036
We must receive your application package by January 14, 2016.
The completed Turkish Overseas Flagship Application has to include the following:
· Application Form (submitted online);
· Turkish essay (online or one hard copy);
· Statement of Purpose in English (online or one hard copy);
· Official college transcripts (one hard copy or official digital copy);
· Two letters of reference (may be submitted via e-link in the application, or e-mailed by recommender directly to Gennady Babankov);
· Passport Copy (or a note stating when the applicant expects to receive a new passport)(online or one hard copy);
Applicants who submit all required documents by the posted deadline will be offered an online Turkish Proficiency Test on January 27, 2016.
In the final stages of the selection process, applicants will be interviewed by telephone in Turkish as part of the admissions process. Selected applicants will be contacted by email to schedule interviews. Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes. Applicants will be responsible for making the call at the time of their interview.